10th Anniversary Pre-NAB Discussion Panel
March 22, 2013 - PART 1
Editors' Lounge presents the 10th Annual Pre-NAB Discussion Panel with Debra Kaufman and featuring Terence Curren, Michael Kammes, Dan Lebental and Mark Raudonis discussing the current state of post-production, looking at what to expect for this year's NAB and peering ahead to trends for 2013 and beyond. The event was held on Friday March 22 at Key Code Media in Burbank. Discussion breakdown below:
• Introductions @ 01:02
• Trends: Thumbs up, thumbs down @ 03:32
• Does 3D have a future? @ 04:39
• 3D: theatrical vs broadcast @ 05:35
• 3D: production vs conversion @ 07:03
• 4K television @ 10:16
• Deferring framing and focus decisions until post @ 11:38
• What does reality TV gain from 4K? @ 15:43
• High Frame Rate @ 17:26
• HFR: Is the payoff worth the cost? @ 22:00
• HPA study on viewing habits @ 27:20
Click on the thumbnails to the right to watch additional parts of this event.
Scroll down to comment.