Editor's Discussion Panel: Tackling New Projects
October 23, 2015 - PART 2
Have you ever asked yourself: "I've been hired: now what?" This edition of the Editor's Panel Discussion Series focuses on getting started and making it to the finish line of an editing project, including job preparation, office politics, maintaining creativity, and more.
Moderated by Norman Hollyn, editor Heathers and Wild Palms
• Maintaining the joy of storytelling @ 00:33
• Movie preview process @ 07:25
• Making action scenes emotional @ 14:05
• Tips on selling your cut @ 16:40
• Relationship with director or producers @ 18:20
• Emotional content shifting the tone @ 21:45
• Changing dynamics of shooting digital @ 24:30
• The power of saying no @ 27:50
• Building trust with directors, producers @ 34:00
• Editor's cut vs shooting script @ 41:00
• Keeping track of story/character development @ 45:00
Click on the thumbnail to the right (above) to watch Part 1.
Scroll down to comment.