Editor's Discussion Panel: Tackling New Projects
October 23, 2015 - PART 1
Have you ever asked yourself: "I've been hired: now what?" This edition of the Editor's Panel Discussion Series focuses on getting started and making it to the finish line of an editing project, including job preparation, office politics, maintaining creativity, and more.
Moderated by Norman Hollyn, editor Heathers and Wild Palms
• Introduction @ 00:12
• Prep before shooting @ 09:15
• Importance of script supervisors @ 15:30
• Prep before editing begins @ 16:12
• Establishing a project workflow @ 20:26
• Re-cut notes that contradict your view of scene @ 31.40
• Documentary vs. fiction rewrites @ 35:13
• Handling office politics, working w directors & producers @ 40:00
Click on the thumbnail to the right (above) to watch Part 2.
Scroll down to comment.