Editor's Discussion Panel: The Business Side of Editing
October 24, 2014 - PART 2
This edition of the Editor's Panel Discussion Series focusing on the business side of an editing career, continues with Q&A session.
The award-winning panelists:
Richard Halsey, editor Rocky, Edward Scissorhands and Sister Act
Tina Hirsch, editor Gremlins, Dante's Peak and The West Wing
Norman Hollyn, editor Heathers, It's Pat and Wild Palms
Glenn Morgan, editor/post producer Project Runway and Under the Gunn
Moderated by Debra Kaufman, Journalist
• Working 60-70 hours a week? @ 00:21
• How have changes altered jobs? @ 04:58
• How does a 40+ break into industry? @ 08:47
• Negotiating points/residuals? @ 10:08
• How do you approach a scene? @ 11:32
• How do we protect & value ourselves? @ 12:58
• What are must-have skills for new post-grads? @ 17:28
• Where do you recommend freelancers look for work? @ 19:36
• How does an indie editor get into studio system? @ 20:01
• Where is the bottom going to stop? @ 21:46
• How do we compete with cheap internet prices? @ 23:43
Click on the thumbnail to the right (above) to watch Part 2.
Scroll down to comment.